Put simply, my aim is to document the story of your wedding day with images… as it actually happened.
DOCUMENTARY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER FOR NORTH WALES, UK AND WORLDWIDE
You may of heard this style of photography referred to as documentary, photo-journalistic or reportage, but all this means is that every photograph taken will be natural and un-posed. This allows your day to run smoothly and ensures that everyone (including the more camera shy) are captured naturally enjoying your wedding day.
It is your day to spend with your family and friends and not with photographers!
You won’t be dragged away from your guests or have to stop enjoying yourselves to pose with any forced smiles or pouts! I am not interested in barking orders, staging or setting-up images or making people stand in lines and smile at the camera. These types of images tend not to reflect your day to its full potential and can sometimes look a little rigid or contrived. I want the images to reflect YOUR PERSONALITY and NOT MINE.
You may still want a few group shots and of course I am more than happy to do these and keeping them to a minimum will make them quick, simple and enjoyable for everybody.
In contrast to the above style, I can provide you with an instant film polaroid camera that your guests can use at the reception so they can snap their own portraits!
After I have finished shooting, the next step is the editing…
As I run through your images, I remove any duplicates, reduce the number of images that are very similar to each other and also remove any unflattering photographs.
The next step I take is to individually colour and exposure correct each image. I use very subtle editing techniques and try not to over edit the images. I don’t tend to use any photography fads or trends as these can look very dated, very quickly. I want your photographs to remain timeless, so when you look back in years to come, you can remember your day as it was, through truthful natural photographs.
I will of course clean up the images and where possible, remove things that are transient and not meant to be a part of your day. I only remove things that are either a distraction or not complimentary to the image. As planning a wedding can be a little stressful, it is not uncommon that people occasionally have bad skin on the day and I am more than happy to sort this out in editing. I do this responsibly and very subtly… I want you to still be able to recognise yourself!
The photography service I offer:
– Wedding photography coverage up to around 12 hours (on an all day shoot there is no time limit - the photography finishes when i have enough images to represent the vibe of the evening happenings).
– Images beautifully and subtly edited, saved onto a memory stick and posted to you first class delivery – Around 400-450 images from a full day shooting.
– The images on the memory stick are all high resolution files which are ready for printing with no restrictions. Along with the full size files on the memory stick, I also include all images resized for easy uploading and sharing.
– Around 10 images within a couple of days of your wedding and resized for easy sharing online and emailed to you… Always good to curb the curiosity!
– I will provide you with a small movie made from the photos that best show-off your day. In addition, this little film will be set to some great music. I generally use unknown musicians and bands that make some fantastic and off-beat tracks that no-one else will have, so your movie is unique and personal.
- The movie will be on the memory stick and also you will have a link to access it online. This makes sharing your images with friends and family very easy... Simply give them the link and they can view the images from your wedding day anywhere, anytime!
– The use of an instant film Polaroid camera for guests to use and take pictures of their own.
– Peace of mind and confidence knowing I have professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance and a wealth of qualifications and experience.
– Hassle free and safe payment. All I ask for is a 20% deposit on booking to secure your day (via bank transfer). The remainder is paid via bank transfer again after your wedding and I have sent you some sample images.
– I have links with an excellent printer and a great videographer, so on request, can arrange for handcrafted albums to be created and also for your day to be captured and made into a stunning and unique film.
Option a – £550:
I will be available for the guests arriving pre ceremony, the ceremony itself and the following drinks reception. (Around 4 hours of shooting).
Option b – £750:
I will be available for the guests arriving pre ceremony, the ceremony itself, the following drinks reception, up to the speeches and evening meal. (Around 6 hours of shooting).
Option c – £999:
Whole day coverage from the morning preparation until the dancing is well under way in the evening. I will capture every little piece of your day in a beautiful relaxed documentary style!
*** reduced winter rates*** If you are planning a winter wedding (December, January, February) then please drop me a line for a personal quote
If you have any question or queries, then please don’t hesitate to drop me a line anytime.
Look forward to hearing from you